[FARC_List] Oswego Triathlon - Saturday, June 16, 2012

ai2n at twcny.rr.com ai2n at twcny.rr.com
Fri Jun 1 17:51:11 CDT 2012

Hi All.

The Tri-Oswego Triathlon will be held on Saturday, June 16, 2012.  It will feature two competition levels; a 765 meter swim/15.44 mi bike/5K run and a 1600 meter swim/24.55 mi bike/10K run.

As was the case last year, we will not be needed for the swim or running legs of the race.  We will cover only the bike portion.  The route is very similar to the Tour de Loop bike race that we’ve so often covered, though slightly different than last year’s Tri-O course.

As usual, we’ll meet in Vona’s parking lot at 0745 to allow folks with distant assignments travel time.  The swimmers start at 0830; the first biker will be off not long after that.  The race director expects we’ll be done by 1130.

There will be a celebration at Breitbeck Park following the race, including free food and drink.  We are cordially invited.  If it’s HALF as good as last year, it’ll be great.

Please e-mail me -promptly- if you’re able to help out, INCLUDING YOUR SHIRT SIZE.  The Race Director would like to know ASAP how many hams we have.  Thanks.

Here are the remaining events requesting support in 2012:

Oswego YMCA:
Harborfest Run - July 28
Tour de Loop - August 18
Dragon Boat Race - September 8