[FARC_list] Storm Sandy

Judy LaMay jlamay at twcny.rr.com
Mon Oct 29 17:51:49 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

Here is the Monday brief from the NWS. Still, be watchful and don't take any
chances. I need my Spotters. The news media is giving everyone safety
points, please heed them.

Tonight is what we are most concerned about. Below is the email I received
from the EMO Director this morning.

Thanks for all your help.

Judy KC2SUM

Hello, everyone,

Oswego County EMO's update for Monday, Oct. 29, 2012:

The NWS briefing slides from the noon update are attached. Some notes:The
main focus for Oswego County will be high winds this evening through
overnight, with the concern being the north/northeast direction. Gusts could
be to 65mph along the Lake Ontario Shoreline. Oswego County is included in
the NWS's High Wind Warning but NOT the Flood Watch nor the Lakeshore Flood
Warning (that one goes from Niagara to Cauyga).

With that in mind, EMO will continue to monitor the storm's progress, and
probably at least the 911 center's dispatches to the fire community.

Also today, National Grid held a conference call for municipalities at noon.
We are in touch.

EMO will partially set up the Emergency Operations Center this afternoon.

Red Cross has one shelter confirmed and one on standby in the county.