[FARC_list] Important date to remember

Judy LaMay jlamay at twcny.rr.com
Thu Feb 7 15:55:15 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

I am sending this agenda out early so you can put it on your calendars.
Don't forget to attend the February 20th RACES meeting. This will be a very
informative meeting. Our friends at SEMO, State Emergency Management Office,
will be on the agenda. The following agenda will give you some idea of what
they bring to the meeting. Bring your questions. I expect it to be a very
interesting meeting. I hope some of our new members will be able to attend
to learn more regarding our place in the organization.

Don't forget, February 20th at 7pm in the Oswego County Building, Fulton
(across from Mimi's.)

Judy KC2SUM

RACES PIO

Agenda February 20 Meeting

Ron Raymond, KB2REQ, NYS DHS & Emergency Services. Regional Coordinator NYS
OEM Region 4-CNY will discuss the role of SEMO in New York State and how
they inter react with the municipalities.   The areas covered will include
what they bring to Oswego County on a daily basis and what they can provide
during an emergency situation.  Ron helps guide the various Standards that
are produced for Towns, Cities and other groups that may interface with
State programs to ensure a uniform understanding from one area to the next.

Michael Sprague, N2PDZ is the Director of Region 4 and specializes in the
Office of Interoperable & Emergency Communications.  Mike will go over the
toys that the State can bring to an emergency and how they would be used.
There will also be a discussion on how are we going to inter-communicate
with them if they do come to Oswego.

Also, go to the State RACES web page and download the 2011 version of the
State RACES Standard Operating Procedures.  Bring a copy along to the
meeting.

 <http://www.dhses.ny.gov/oem/state-ops> www.dhses.ny.gov/oem/state-ops and
select RACES and then Standard Operating procedures.

We will not be posting this for an open meeting.  Keeping it for those truly
interested in the subject, preferably hams or those that want to be hams.