[FARC_list] Tour de Loop - Saturday, August 5, 2017

ai2n at twcny.rr.com ai2n at twcny.rr.com
Sun Jul 23 18:31:11 UTC 2017

Hi all.

The ROC (Ride Oswego County) Tour de Loop will be held on Saturday, August 5th, 2017.  Cyclists will compete in 30 and 50 mile races. The first riders will leave the start line at Rudy's at 0900.  The event should be completed in about 4 hours.

This is the biggest, most spread out event we support.  It's an All Hands On Deck affair that we've done for decades.  We cover it on simplex from a control point out on the course because no local repeaters can reach into all the valleys along the course.  Due to this challenge high powered mobile radios are -strongly- preferred over HTs for this event.

Information and a course map are available here:  https://www.bikereg.com/tdl

Please let me know if you can support this event, and thank you in advance.

As of now this is the last event we'll be supporting until the Reindeer Run in December.

73, Redd - AI2N