[FARC_list] "Happy In The Valley" Gravel Bike Race - Saturday, June 16 - Second Call

ai2n at twcny.rr.com ai2n at twcny.rr.com
Tue Jun 5 19:14:41 UTC 2018

Hi all.

The Ride Oswego County (ROC) “Happy In The Valley” Gravel Bike Race on Saturday, June 16. Please see the original e-mail, below.

We have this fairly well covered, but I'd like to ask for one or two more volunteers, just to be safe. If you've already responded (yea or nay), thank you!

It would be -very- good to have someone who would be willing to spend most of the race with Ben, AK2X, at the Williamston VFD Start/Finish line with the Race Director (a good learning experience!). As the end of the race approaches, that operator would go to a point about a mile from the finish to warn Ben when the bikes are approaching. The person in this position could utilize an HT.

AND, at the conclusion of the race, all volunteers are invited to the Williamston VFD where the Race Organization will provide us with a meal and one non-alcoholic beverage.

Please let me know if you're able to help.

Thanks, Redd - AI2N

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Next up on the Fulton ARC’s Public Service agenda is the Ride Oswego County
(ROC) “Happy In The Valley” Gravel Bike Race on Saturday, June 16. This will
take place out in Happy Valley between Altmar, Parish and Williamstown.

Start times for the various classes of rider are from 10:00 to 10:25 am. We’ll
meet up well before that. The course is about 36 miles long on paved roads,
gravel roads and ATV trails. This could be a long event; it may be mid-afternoon
before the last rider finishes.

We’ll be pretty spread out so HTs will be useless for this event. We’ll all need
to use mobiles.

Here is an excellent, interactive map:

www.bikereg.com/GHITV

Here is the entrants’ registration page. Scroll to the bottom, where we have
already been thanked in the Sponsors’ area.

https://www.bikereg.com/38340

We expect to use 146.565 MHz simplex for this event.  As was the case with the
previous editions of the Tour de Loop, net control will be centrally located out
on the course and will repeat all information received so that -everyone- can
hear it. We still may have to relay given the distances and terrain involved.

I will coordinate with ROC and make maps, etc.

Please let me know if you can help out. If you're new to public service events
and/or do not yet have your own equipment, we can pair you with one of our
seasoned veterans so you can get a feel for it.

Stock up on insect repellent…

Redd - AI2N