[FARC_list] 60 Meter Band

ai2n at twcny.rr.com ai2n at twcny.rr.com
Mon Mar 13 20:17:14 UTC 2017

Hi.

See below.  73, Redd - AI2N

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have received several requests from 60 meter operators that we contact
the FCC regarding the proposed changes to the 60m operating frequencies
that will be considered soon.  We would like to see changes to make the
band be like all others and it is important that our voices be heard.
We need all the support we can muster up and are asking for your
support.

I have included a link to the FCC website where you can enter your
comments.  I have also included mine.  You can copy and paste mine, or
submit your own.

My comments:

I am not aware of any complaints on interference on 60m. For this
reason, I would like to see the VFO operation across the entire segment
and eliminate the five channels to make it equal in bandwidth to that
used by the Europeans.  The EU seems to be the trendsetter these days
and we should be keeping up with them.

I also request that the power limit be increased to 500 watts. A higher
power limit would be more effective communications for health and
welfare, particularly to the Caribbean.  For the next 11 years, the
solar activity is predicted to be at an all-time low which makes more
power more important than ever, especially if needed during a disaster.

In order to conduct reliable communications in the time of a disaster,
better antenna systems will also be needed. Therefore, I also ask that
antenna restrictions be lifted.

Electronic Filing of Comments for RM-11785 ends March 20, so please do
this ASAP.  The link below takes you to the FCC page where your comments
can be electronically submitted.  It is important that this be done
right away.

https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/filings/express

Please forward this to all of your ham friends.  It is not necessary
that they operate on the 60 meter band.

As always, we are stronger in numbers. Please do this right away as
March 20, is the deadline to submit comments.

Thanks in advance for your help.   Joe Pater W8GEX